Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Hi everyone. Anyone love Mario Paint?
Welcome!

I'm a big fan of pixel art as well, especially sprites. I guess I just love how unique the art style is.

Unfortunately I haven't played a lot of Mario Paint. I never had a copy myself when I was a child, but a neighbor of mine did at one point, so I did play it a little bit (mainly the flyswatter game if memory serves). I didn't know the game came with a player guide, much less with sprite work samples to work with! You would know better than I would, but is the color differences possibly due to palette limitations in Mario Paint? Or maybe these are prototype sprites they used for development? I'm also very curious with Ganon and Bowser's size differences. The player guide versions seem to be close in size to the player characters. I don't know all of the details of the the SNES, but could this discrepancy be due to trying to keep all character sprites within a given grid size?

Out of curiosity, what games did the player guide have sprites from? Where there any strange choices? I also wonder if they had any other sprites like Wario that they took from the GameBoy and then recolored.

I've been using stuff on the Spriter's Resource as reference for a number of years now as well. I signed up a few months ago and have been periodically adding to the Custom Section ever since. 

Welcome again! I look forward to seeing your submissions!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hi everyone. Anyone love Mario Paint? - by Spriter Theo - 07-26-2020, 05:34 PM