Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
A question of sorts regarding requests
(01-27-2009, 05:31 PM)Geo the Fox Wrote: no

If people are interested in your project and request to help, that's one thing. That's fine and good. You're not making a request-- people are volunteering themselves. But if you start a project and do not consider to chances of no one being interested in your project and you do not consider the possibility that it may be a solo project, that just shows your ineptitude as a program head.

Now, how to gain interest in your project? Perhaps going to the SPRITE PROJECTS board or the FAN GAMES board might help answer that question.

As far as the difficulties of leading a one-man project goes... That's really not our problem. It's not like it's impossible.

For instance...

You're being quite ignorantly condescending and undershooting your helpfulness.

I'm an experienced game designer; I know how to gain interest on a project. I'm also fully aware on how to lead a one man project. It's not that difficult when you know what you're doing.

As for the potential of nobody being interested; the fact is, I would only broadcast a project that already has people interested and working on it actively. The point is to gather more interest and bring people in on it.

The purpose of doing graphic art isn't to have everyone circlejerk you for it; it's to have them used in projects. Sprites are pointless if theres no demand or use for them. While it's cool to take on spriting tasks that obviously have a demand, it's just foolish to go into them for no reason. A lot of wasted time mainly, and a lot of wasted potential.

Cutting out the room for requests on a forum built for spriters is like sawing off one of their hands, and limiting their potential. If they can't have new tasks to challenge them, then they'll never develop into professional spriters.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: A question of sorts regarding requests - by Mamoruanime - 01-27-2009, 09:53 PM