Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
DioShiba's Pixel Thread 2021: Assortment of Assets and Artworks
(10-01-2018, 05:26 PM)JewyB Wrote: I agree with Retro, the way the sun reflects of the water is fantastic, and honestly the best thing about the piece, especially considering water is so hard to nail. I think with the rest though the textures feel a bit... off? The colour choice is fantastic and i think with a bit more study into how the textures of rock and grass etc should be portrayed, you can take your work a lot further. Obviously over-texturing can also be bad but i think a little more will put you at the sweet spot.

Basically, i think your level of texturing for the water is perfect, but for everything else(the trees, rock and grass), it could be bumped up just a little to match.

Also, your sky works really well as do your planets, i just think they feel a bit too separate right now, as though the planets are small and floating as opposed to large and celestial. I can't give exact advice but i think this could be improved through the use of having them have a bit of reflective light(like, the moon) and possibly a bit of shading in relation to the sun. It would be something i would have to try before commenting on with more certainty but that is what i would try first Smile

I guess essentially what I'm saying is overall, you have several solid pieces, but they need to be bought more "together", in my opinion.

I had a feeling there were things that I wasn't considering. Thank you for the honest critique.

I wasn't planning on going back into this because of the other work I'm swamped with in my classes for Illustration and Animation in particular, since right now most of that stuff has priority for me (I know it's not the best excuse, the problem is I have my Senior Capstone to worry about for animation.) but I think this gives me the right motivation to try to get back into this in my spare time when I get the chance to. Will definitely post it here when the time comes.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: JewyB

Messages In This Thread
RE: DioShiba's thread meant for customo pixels. (Now with extra Marios and Metroids!) - by DioShiba - 10-01-2018, 06:54 PM