[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
[PS2] Need help ripping Chobits - Chiidake no Hito
(08-16-2018, 01:43 PM)Raccoon Sam Wrote:
Quote:It'll take me a lot of time of resizing and fixing since they're squished, but I'll do it.

Come to think of it, I don't know if tSR has an official policy on sprite resizing. The game assets are stored squished like that but the PS2 resolution stretches them to 200% height I think. Many 3D games do this, as its much more efficient to render a say, 1920 x 540 "squashed" image and stretch it to full HD than to render a full 1080p frame.

Look at this sprite sheet:
https://www.spriters-resource.com/playst...eet/40645/
[Image: MRgOrDW.png]

compare it to this in-game screenshot
[Image: rwChjHZ.png]

See where I'm coming from?

I wouldn't resize the sprites at all to be honest. Let the end-user do the stretching, using their scaling algorithm of choice.

EDIT: asked tsr discord and the Word of God™ is:
Random Talking Bush Wrote:1:1 would be the correct ones to submit. No harm in throwing in a second, "corrected" set on the same submission, though, but there are some cases where it won't be accurate to in-game by doing so.

so yeah don't resize them dude

I still need to fix them regardless, since the original files are extremely transparent. Unless TSR wants me to post them that way? Surprise
Thanked by: Raccoon Sam

Messages In This Thread
RE: [PS2] Need help ripping Chobits - Chiidake no Hito - by DeeDee68 - 08-16-2018, 08:26 PM