Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Dumbfounded and Annoyed!
It's okay though, it's not your fault and don't cry. Sometimes it where people think they know how but forget to explain it. After all the Pico is a niche system and not many people have played it.

To get it working on PicoDrive without the zip, you would have to rename the .md to .bin for it to work. .md is a newer filename for them because lots of stuff used the old name and to make it less confusing. Oh and for the stylus, you would have to press a button to change it from buttons to stylus in Kega Fusion but it was so long ago that I forgot the button. There should be a readme file telling you the button on the keyboard to change between buttons and stylus so you can play that minigame.

As for the sound in PicoDrive, there's nothing that you can do really.

(06-23-2018, 07:35 AM)puggsoy Wrote: I did notice that the sound was pretty atrocious, but I thought that might just be the quality of the system (I'm unfamiliar with it myself). Hopefully this should help with ripping the sprites though?

Well the Pico is basically technically a Mega Drive but gets rid of the sound chip but keeps the Master System one and adds a voice sound chip instead. It removes the existing controls and replaces them with new buttons/page flipping + stylus. It's probably bad emulation of the voice sound chip or the timing might be off. Then again the emulator is pretty old, it was one of the first attempts and back then the only games that were dumped were Sonic's Gameworld and Mickey's Blast to the Past. Shortly after Tails and the Music Maker. Then came the prototypes then most of the Pico library.

To rip the sprites though is a different question. (Thinks back to when I ripped Sonic's Gameworld) They would have to check the ROM with a tile ripper but most of the time, its not really possible because of the compression. Someone would have to make a save state with Kega Fusion then load the save state via GensKmod or GSavestate then either rip from the tile viewer or capture. Even then have to make save states with Kega because chances are that Gens would either crash or couldn't control the game.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Dumbfounded and Annoyed! - by MoonDreamofA - 06-22-2018, 04:40 AM
RE: Dumbfounded and Annoyed! - by puggsoy - 06-22-2018, 07:48 AM
RE: Dumbfounded and Annoyed! - by MoonDreamofA - 06-22-2018, 06:55 PM
RE: Dumbfounded and Annoyed! - by puggsoy - 06-23-2018, 07:35 AM
RE: Dumbfounded and Annoyed! - by Yawackhary - 06-23-2018, 06:01 PM
RE: Dumbfounded and Annoyed! - by MoonDreamofA - 06-23-2018, 10:33 PM