Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3 Model Ripping Problem
As of a year ago model ripping for both Crash 2 and 3 is 100% possible through Werenhuis Model Ripping Program but the problem with this program (and probably with a lot of other games like spyro) is that most of the models are heavily Vertex Shaded so making 100% accurate model rips with only textures and such will be a bit of a problem. Unlike some Crash 1 models these have a lot of gradients making the simple process of Texture Baking a bit hard, not to mention that most models use both vertex shading AND normal textures. I've tried submitting the Scrubbing Bubbletron from Crash 2 a while back, before we had 6-item model export, but it was rejected as it was in the .ply format and it takes a bit of work to make it look right.

So I would really like some help to somehow put the Vertex Shading and Textures together into one larger texture or at least some help on converting it into a format acceptable to the resource.

Also before anyone asks I did try Texture Baking and it really doesn't work with these models and if you need any models/model data just ask
Thanked by: Friedslick6

Messages In This Thread
Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3 Model Ripping Problem - by harley201 - 11-03-2017, 08:30 PM