[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Need help identifying Texture map types(not diffuse, normal, or specular)!
(07-29-2017, 12:41 PM)OS-PRIME Wrote: ref and env are refrective and envelope textures. They'd probably be used in areas where something is shiny. RL is a texture that needs to be extracted with texture remix probably, same with tm.

Ok, that's 2 types of texture maps taken care of(BTW, for that first one, did you mean "reflective," or "refractive"?).

However, I still require more info about the _rl, _tm _lay, _msk, _rm, and _pattern types of texture maps, what they do, and also, how to apply each of them to models in Blender and/or 3DS Max(preferably Blender since it's easier to use).

The reason I'm asking you guys this is because I have some models I want to submit, and each of them has at least 2 of these texture types. I've already tried searching for help everywhere via Google(for several days), but with no luck. Sad
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need help identifying Texture map types(not diffuse, normal, or specular)! - by MakutaMaster962 - 07-30-2017, 05:44 PM