[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Donkey Kong Country custom/edited sprites
Yeah, basically all Gors is saying is that pre-rendered sprites are somewhat out of his realm to give accurate, good criticism but due to the fact it's not really the pixelart we're used to seeing, it's extremely hard to emulate the style, especially by hand like this that's saying something alone! (good things)
what you've managed to do here is indeed great, but there's only so much splicing you can do here before it's noticeable that some of the sprites you've made for the game really stick out and the suspension of disbelief is broken (it's more evident in the Kiddy sprites) I've gotta admit I've been playing DKC4 the past few days and your work so far is pretty convincing otherwise.

It's just you've got kind of a finite space to work with, and suggesting a wordaround for this is difficult as you'd need to straight-up have models of the characters from those games in order to accurately create new, ultra-convincing poses
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Donkey Kong Country custom/edited sprites - by Kosheh - 06-17-2017, 10:33 PM