Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
generation design: talk about that stanky GAMECUBE
if i don't give a shit about the game and only to the aesthetics, PS2 and Gamecube consoles (and Gameboy Advance) looked very sleek and aesthetically pleasing, Nintendo's consoles took a brighter kinda "iMac" esque type of colorful design, abandoning the usual gray or black casings in most cases (I have a silver GCN and had a clear pink GBA before. Heck, Nintendo was king at making translucent game cases for N64, GBC and stuff, i love the heck out of it). PS2 was edgier on the design, with the parallel black lines shaping up the console, it was very beautiful.

I didn't have a lot of games for both of them but I do have fond memories of these games' aesthetics. This distinct art direction started in the end of N64/PS1's life cycle to the entirety of GCN/PS2 until it was replaced for a more serious look overall

I'm glad that Nintendo Switch's pro controller is translucent, it really reminds me of this aesthetic that was largely forgotten
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: generation design: talk about that stanky GAMECUBE - by Gors - 05-30-2017, 09:11 AM