[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Problem with ripping etc1(a4) and transparency
Hey guys, this is sort of a repost from GBAtemp because I've had no replies there. The link isĀ here but I'll describe it again.

I'm using the program Ohana3DS Rebirth to rip textures from the character models for Zelda: Tri Force Heroes, and it seems they're all etc1(a4) encoded. The weird thing is, the alpha channel (transparency) seems tied to each pixel's brightness, so the darker spots are more transparent; a bunch of spots are completely transparent.

On the left is an extracted .png,
On the right is that .png flattened to 100% opacity, showing the "gaps".
[Image: texture1.png]

So the obvious question is "What can I do about this", but more specifically, is this a feature/problem with etc1(a4) encoding or is it the program I'm using?

I've edited some of them by selecting portions and changing the hues, then reinserted them into the game. It works okay, except some of these gaps are showing up as black. You can see them on Link's palms, and a few little bits around the brim of his cap:
[Image: texture2.jpg]

Any help would be appreciated. Cute
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Problem with ripping etc1(a4) and transparency - by HelpTheWretched - 03-17-2017, 11:57 AM