Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
An Assassin's Creed side-character & historical accuracy
By all means it's cool that video games are becoming more inclusive but like stated above it seems to be like doing the right thing for the wrong reasons

Just not drawing attention to doing it is nice

Have the character, have them be gay/trans/attackhelicopter, but don't stick a neon sign over their heads saying "BEE-TEE-DUBS TOTES TRANS YO CHECK IT OUT"

(I also agree with Ubisoft kinda being not-all-there-in-the-head what with their "we're super inclusive a [insert group likely to be offended here] person probably worked on this game so it's okay" disclaimers at the start of their games)

Same issue I had with Freedom Planet a while back being all "check out our TOTALLY UNIQUE AND INTERESTING FEMALE PROTAGONISTS" I think we can all tell they are female and if you have to tell us they are unique and interesting I get a suspicious feeling they're not

Let us discover things through visuals and inference, video games are partially a visual and storytelling medium, after all

It'd be like if Metroid suddenly decided to spend an entire game drawing attention to the fact that Samus is female-

[Image: Metroid_Other_M_Cover.jpg]

... Video games aren't much for subtlety anymore, are they
[Image: StickerStageItems.png]
Check out this review blog thing I do! Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch was the latest review!
Thanked by: miyabi95_

Messages In This Thread
RE: An Assassin's Creed side-character & historical accuracy - by Zero Kirby - 12-23-2016, 07:55 PM