Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Game Maker: Studio Pro Bundle
I agree, I would highly recommend anyone that's even remotely interested in game development to get this. Even if you're not interested in the programming parts, Game Maker is really, really good for making prototypes without needing too much coding knowledge. And if you are a programmer, it's also just great for coding the full game.

Now I haven't personally used it (I'm gonna get this bundle myself), but I think I can vouch that it's pretty nice. Some people who may have used it ages ago (like me) might remember it being pretty terrible, but just from observation it seems to be much better. Hotline Miami, Gunpoint, Spelunky, Nuclear Throne, Undertale, etc. Even at a game jam I went to recently, a guy used it to make a pretty sweet shooter with insanely many sprites on-screen at once, which was both fun and impressive.
In addition, the fact that you get the source code of most of those games is also awesome. Looking at how full, playable games are put together can be invaluable, learning from example is one of the best ways to learn this stuff.

I know it sounds like I'm being paid to say this but I just want to kind of push the point Vipershark's making, it's an insanely good deal for something that's already worth its full price. And I also just get really pumped when I talk about gamedev Cute

TL;DR: you should get this because trust me i'm a programmer
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Game Maker: Studio Pro Bundle - by Vipershark - 09-07-2016, 06:30 AM
RE: Game Maker: Studio Pro Bundle - by puggsoy - 09-07-2016, 08:26 AM
RE: Game Maker: Studio Pro Bundle - by Kosheh - 09-07-2016, 09:14 AM
RE: Game Maker: Studio Pro Bundle - by TomGuycott - 09-07-2016, 12:07 PM
RE: Game Maker: Studio Pro Bundle - by Koh - 09-07-2016, 12:46 PM
RE: Game Maker: Studio Pro Bundle - by Koh - 09-08-2016, 10:25 PM
RE: Game Maker: Studio Pro Bundle - by Gate - 09-12-2016, 07:25 AM
RE: Game Maker: Studio Pro Bundle - by Silversea - 09-23-2016, 09:39 PM