Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
What Systems Did You Own? Most Played Games?
fuck. redblueyellow posted and now my post doesn't seem as great =(

Also I'll mention I had an Atari 2600 as a kid which actually belonged to my cousins. We...had one. For some reason? It's kinda funny as this was the first console I ever played and I'd just play Frogger - we also had Mario Bros which I played a total of once, and that's when I had a friend over who didn't want to just play Frogger over and over. Eventually my cousins asked for this console back when they were in college, but I was completely OK with that at that point. Since then I installed a 2600 emulator on my softmodded Wii and enjoy all 12 megabytes of its library.

So my first console was a Super NES and I played the hell out of Super Mario World. I always came back to SMW - and the game never really got hard. Then I'd play just about every other SNES platformer to full completion. Because back then I was a kid all about actually completing games.
Not too long after for some reason, I asked for a Game Boy (the brick) and my dad brought me home one the next day which is...when I look back, still kinda bizarre. I never really was a bratty kid and I didn't make a big deal out of it but I got that console like instantly. Probably the most played game on that was probably Pokemon? But over time I'd keep going back to play the GB Tetris Attack.

I also got a Genesis when I was younger and played the heck out of Sonic 2 and 3 (& Knuckles. of course) and somehow never managed to get Sonic 1 until I was well through college. For what it's worth, I also picked up a complete copy of Rocket Knight Adventures for $1 at a garage sale. :0)

Over time I'd get more Nintendo consoles - I'd get the GBC and GBA, and an N64 - but at that point my parents felt like they were spending too much on consoles and games and from then on, I'd have to buy the consoles and games myself. Which was fine. If I ever had any money. Blank
I completely skipped the Gamecube generation and from then on, I'd buy my own consoles. The rest is pretty much history. I'll try to post what I owned chronologically, starting with what I've already listed:

- Super NES
- Gameboy
- Genesis
- Gameboy Color (I now own 4 - one is broken) (Also, I replaced my old purple shell with an atomic purple one down the line and i'm so glad i did)
- N64
- Game Boy Advance (I now own 2)
- Game Boy Advance SP (I broke my original one trying to swap its casing 15 years later...then dropped the onyx AGS001 replacement of that one. I splurged and bought an AGS101)
- Nintendo DS

(at this point, I got a job and went bonkers)
- Wii
- DS Lite (fun fact - I've had the shell swapped twice on it. First was...black? Then a red iQue dragon design, and it's currently now got a clear shell)
- Dreamcast
- PS2
- HP laptop with AMD Radeon GPU (I still own it)
- PSP 2000
- Game Boy Micro
- 3DS
- GP2X Wiz (this thing still gets love today)
- PS3
- Lenovo Y500 laptop with dual GT 750M cards (posting from this now)
- Game Boy Pocket (I bought one from a yard sale which served me well, until I bought a cheap Chinese shell for it. I was so unhappy with it I sold it and used the money I bought it with to buy a Japanese atomic purple one)
- Ouya (why did I do this to myself)
- PSP Go
- Wii U
- PS Vita
- PS4
- custom built gaming PC with GTX 1080 installed
- New 3DS (standard size, with the faceplates)

I've also owned a PS1 and Game Gear - however, the PS1 ($7 at a flea market) was sold quickly after realizing that softmodding was not an option and that I had functioning PSPs. And all 12 of the Game Gears' capacitors busted so it was literally unusable. I didn't own any games either, and I really didn't have the experience, tools, or help to fix it up, so I ended up just chucked the thing. Admittedly I regret it, but really I didn't care - I paid $10 for it.

And for what it's worth - over time I got really paranoid over carrying my Micro in public, especially now that the price for them shot up - so I bought myself a K101 Revo. imagine a GBMicro but as long as a cell phone, has an actual LCD screen and can emulate NES and GG games PLUS has a TV out connector. I'm happy with all of this.

My wish list is literally just an NES - when I move out of this apartment and have somewhere where I can set up an actual "gaming room" I'm buying a fricken NES. Meanwhile I'm stockpiling store credit at the local hobby shop by flipping duplicate games and consoles I fix up from garage sales and sell back to them in order to buy that NES.
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: miyabi95_, Koh

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Systems Did You Own? Most Played Games? - by Kosheh - 07-27-2016, 10:21 PM