Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Need Tile Ripping Help
Thanks, that was extremely helpful. I didn't know Tile Molester would open the broken-apart files--I thought it needed the whole ROM to work. (I was wrong before, BTW. I can't get NDSTool to work for me, it just flashes a small black DOS-style screen and that's it. It was DSBuff that I used to open the .nds file.)

I think I might finally be getting somewhere with Tile Molester, or at least further than I was with CrystalTile2 or Tahaxan. In 4bpp, I'm getting some things that could be faces (or, when I do the bytes forward thing, possibly a tree, or Marge Simpson on acid), I can see what might be the outline of a woman's hair (it's even red, which is the right color) in one part and the guy with the turban in another, but it's still random pixels, just slightly more organized than they were before. I guess I just need to keep playing with settings? I think I've found the palette, there's one in the same directory called "people_pal_data.bin," but if it's the right one, how do I use it? I tried to import a palette using "all supported formats" but it wasn't there.

I know nobody's going to be able to give me step-by-step instructions because Harvest Moon doesn't seem to be organized like most other games, but I'm still kind of lost. I don't mind doing the work, but it frustrates me when I'm stuck and can't figure out the answer on my own.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Need Tile Ripping Help - by stardustandsunshine - 01-17-2009, 11:17 PM
RE: Need Tile Ripping Help - by Omegakyogre - 01-18-2009, 03:02 AM
RE: Need Tile Ripping Help - by stardustandsunshine - 01-18-2009, 11:55 PM
RE: Need Tile Ripping Help - by Omegakyogre - 01-19-2009, 01:55 AM