Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
background removal help
Okay it took me a long time, and in the end, I got nothing. After a painful amount of decompression I can't get a single sprite to show up using NSUnpack, NISDecmp, and TiledGGD. Nothing but a mess of a pixels comes up for any file.
Rereading the old thread, it's also very likely that these sprites are all in pieces. Like I could rip a character's arm, seperate from the body. Which is barely usable at all.

(05-13-2016, 08:55 AM)Ploaj Wrote: I could make a program for the background palette removal thing no problem if you give me an example. (image with background to remove and image with palette to not remove)

So back to the old fashioned way. I have got some really good sheets forming here. But a background remover is still something I desperately need. The resizing is something I am used to doing manually, so I can do that without a tool. And as for fixing sprites that have effects layered on them, I am used to that too. Heck, I just resprited one of these pixel by pixel because it had been turned 45c. (And then found a usuable version of it a few minutes later...) Just can't deal with these backgrounds. Never had to deal with more than a simple BG before. All the help you can give will be hugely appreciated!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
background removal help - by MinusDaPony - 05-13-2016, 08:38 AM
RE: background removal help - by Ploaj - 05-13-2016, 08:55 AM
RE: background removal help - by MinusDaPony - 05-13-2016, 11:33 AM
RE: background removal help - by redblueyellow - 05-13-2016, 10:15 AM
RE: background removal help - by daemoth - 05-13-2016, 11:46 AM
RE: background removal help - by MinusDaPony - 05-13-2016, 01:00 PM
RE: background removal help - by MinusDaPony - 06-05-2016, 08:01 AM
RE: background removal help - by Daxar - 06-15-2016, 06:12 PM