Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
T1 diabetes question...?
Hey thanks for the response man. I know that you dont specialize in this or that you arent an actual doctor. I understand this is just your opinion and comments on this from as much as you know. I just wanted to discuss it is all. Better to communicate and know more. Makes for some legit disscussion material as well B)

You for the most part answered my question. Its not like im not completely ommiting insulin from my system, im still using insulin glargine. Just to make sure im understanding your idea correctly... In short.

- long acting insulin doesnt have the same spike effect as short acting, so your body can burn fat in its presence if enough sugar is not in the blood. Your body will always burn carbs first because they are a more efficient source of energy, insulin presence or not.
-same thing for organs.

I know that organ question was a bit confusing, but i asked that because i read an article that claimed that our organs couldnt use glucose for energy if insulin is not present in the blood. Am i getting you right? Right now what im doing is avoiding as much simple carbs in meals as possible and trying to get them from dark, leafy greens and vegetables (asparagus, brocolli, spinach) while trying not to exceed 20g of carbs per meal and get a majority of my caloric needs from fat and proteins (not too much protien because i know that the body will break down excess into glucose). As it is now, my blood sugar only increases 40 - 60 points and my blood sugar never exceeds 170 or dips below 80. Any excess sugar i have seem to go back to 110 after a workout or a mid ranged walk or some activity in general. Before a workout, i try to balance my carb and fat intake to be safe so my blood sugar doesnt dip too low after a workout and to restore any lost glycogen in my muscles (trying to mimic effects of insulin by working out).
[Image: tumblr_mzx6bm02eC1s38z45o1_500.gif]
Anonymous Wrote:...the world is so much simpler if you just dont give a FUCK...
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
T1 diabetes question...? - by ~Axis~ - 05-24-2016, 05:15 AM
RE: T1 diabetes question...? - by PatientZero - 05-24-2016, 12:35 PM
RE: T1 diabetes question...? - by ~Axis~ - 05-24-2016, 04:35 PM
RE: T1 diabetes question...? - by PatientZero - 05-24-2016, 05:51 PM
RE: T1 diabetes question...? - by ~Axis~ - 05-25-2016, 08:55 AM