Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
T1 diabetes question...?
Hey guys. I definately know this is NOT the right place for this question but i just wanted to know what you guys have as opinions or findings if you know about T1 diabetes or live with it yourself. So I have been using Lantus and Humalog to regulate my blood sugar, however, due to my diet (low carb, high fat) I see that i need less and less fast acting insulin and am reducing doses of humalog to the point where i almost dont need it anymore as long as i exercise. What I dont get is how lantus works and its effect on the body.

I know that its a slow acting insulin that works over the course of 24 hrs, and that its needed so other cells besides fat can absorb and use the sugar in my blood. Now, i know that if i dont have a large insulin spike or much carbs in my system, my body will want to burn fat, but im also getting the idea that fat burning is inhibited by a presence of insulin in the blood in general. My long term goal is to really cut this extra fat on my body, which unltimately leads me to my question(s)...

What effect does lantus have on fat burning and the metabolism? Does it stop or prevent my body from using fat? Can my organs use fat instead of glucose for energy? As i have seen from charts, lantus doesnt create a spike but rather just a steady amount. I have an appointment with my doctor on June 3rd and I will definately ask him, but Im just curious for an answer before then if you guys know anything (looking at you PatientZero). I googled for hours but cant find a satisfying answer. Just so you know i am taking 35units of lantus (lol i'll update "units" if need be).
[Image: tumblr_mzx6bm02eC1s38z45o1_500.gif]
Anonymous Wrote:...the world is so much simpler if you just dont give a FUCK...
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
T1 diabetes question...? - by ~Axis~ - 05-24-2016, 05:15 AM
RE: T1 diabetes question...? - by PatientZero - 05-24-2016, 12:35 PM
RE: T1 diabetes question...? - by ~Axis~ - 05-24-2016, 04:35 PM
RE: T1 diabetes question...? - by PatientZero - 05-24-2016, 05:51 PM
RE: T1 diabetes question...? - by ~Axis~ - 05-25-2016, 08:55 AM