Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Localizations (the best and worst)
If I'm truly invested in an anime, I'll watch it with subs and do nothing but watch it. But if it has a well-produced dub, I'll keep it running while I draw and stuff.

Galaxy Angel was adapted from the sci fi visual novels for the PS2 (and I think PC also?) to a comedy anime for young teens. Then it was dubbed and broadcasted internationally by regional networks of Animax and Bandai. If you want an anime with really professional-sounding english voices and opportunities to learn a little bit about Japanese culture through a humorous and charming medium, Galaxy Angel probably fits the mold perfectly - it's very impressive, considering the "Better Voice Acting Studios for Dubbed Anime Boom" didn't come into play until the mid-2000s. I guess some companies were starting to realize that since more people in the US were watching anime, they should dish out some anime with not-shitty voice acting.

Azumanga Daioh fits just as well. There are definitely a few gems like it from the early-2000s that have great dubs. As for Japanese subs, I wouldn't know...

Here's one that makes me giggle:

Here's one of Nakoruru's victory quotes (or more appropriately: VICTOLY quotes) for Samurai Shodown IV.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

...When did Samurai Shodown become Samurai Surfer Dudes? xD
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Localizations (the best and worst) - by miyabi95_ - 04-17-2016, 01:48 AM
RE: Localizations (the best and worst) - by Koh - 04-17-2016, 11:19 AM
RE: Localizations (the best and worst) - by K0n9 - 04-21-2016, 06:57 AM
RE: Localizations (the best and worst) - by Koh - 04-24-2016, 09:44 AM
RE: Localizations (the best and worst) - by Koh - 04-24-2016, 07:54 PM
RE: Localizations (the best and worst) - by miyabi95_ - 04-24-2016, 08:15 PM