Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Localizations (the best and worst)
While I admit some of those 4kids anime voices were pulled off pretty decently, I also admit that there's like 5% motivation in them as well - the other 95% is pure imitation. [off-topic] With that said, Jason Griffith started giving Sonic more uniqueness and personality in later years like in Brawl (to me, at least) and Unleashed. I'm not sure what he's doing nowadays (the wiki doesn't look very up-to-date but maybe he moved onto something different).

I try my best for the most part to not get worked up over voices, but I'm gonna go all out and say the localized voice for Klonoa for the Wii remake in 2009 is one of the worst localized voices I've heard in my life. I think it's worse than Sonic's. "They just didn't care at all," is what that choice of voice says to me. It's not even close to the cutesy anime catgirl (very similar to Taokaka to be honest with all the feline vocalizations he does) voice that Klonoa has in every game that he appeared in. For Sonic, yes, that kind of voice works, because it gives the impression of a friendly, competitive, and sometimes cocky personality. Klonoa is very androgynous, young-looking and is pretty much an adorable fusion of a cat and a rabbit - the voice they gave him for the remake gives off the impression of a male teen protagonist from an 80s anime.

[/avgn rippoff rant]

*At least they give you the option to switch his voice to Kumiko Watanabe Tongue
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
Thanked by: psychospacecow

Messages In This Thread
Localizations (the best and worst) - by miyabi95_ - 04-17-2016, 01:48 AM
RE: Localizations (the best and worst) - by Koh - 04-17-2016, 11:19 AM
RE: Localizations (the best and worst) - by K0n9 - 04-21-2016, 06:57 AM
RE: Localizations (the best and worst) - by Koh - 04-24-2016, 09:44 AM
RE: Localizations (the best and worst) - by Koh - 04-24-2016, 07:54 PM
RE: Localizations (the best and worst) - by miyabi95_ - 04-24-2016, 07:00 PM