Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Whole Dragon's Crown Sorceress Thing
I think it has to do with the decline of those mascot platform games that tried to copy Sonic with very little good ones and a lot of bad ones.
But ever since Freedom Planet came around, it seems to have spark interest in the genre again.

Anthropomorphic characters in serious games are usually reptilians or animal-people based on classic mythology and public domain fiction.
Though we should move back to the subject as there is a thread for discussing anthropomorphic characters.

-On-topic-
I Actually find the Amazon and Sorceress's designs laughable, and I do feel the fanservice is way too forced. Only the Elf looks normal.
There are times we do get turned off by stuff like that, and I'm not afraid to say this is one of them for me.
Now with the male characters. They're just as absurd and hilarious looking, with only the Wizard looking normal. 
The Fighter looks like something you see out of an Doug Tennapel designed game or comic, while the Dwarf looks like a Rob Liefeld drawing.
Still, I don't mind and just deal with the game as it is. People did overreact over the character designs, though. Especially the Tumblr Trash.
Plus I'm a big Beat'em Up fan, and this game is no exception.
[Image: sonamy_animtitle_by_retrobunyip-dbg86ov.gif]
Thanked by: psychospacecow, Koh, Goemar

Messages In This Thread
The Whole Dragon's Crown Sorceress Thing - by Koh - 04-10-2016, 05:45 AM
RE: The Whole Dragon's Crown Sorceress Thing - by Dolphman - 04-10-2016, 11:27 PM