Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Whole Dragon's Crown Sorceress Thing
Oh, this is going to be confusing since I didn't notice this thread until I replied to somebody else in the other one... I kind of feel like we should let a mod do some spring cleaning before we make things disorganized?

Edit: What the heck, I'll just quote that person's post and paste mine here.

(04-10-2016, 05:47 AM)saifors Wrote: I'd like to put in my 2 cents into the fanservice debate: I usually don't mind it when it's in games like Senran Kagura and Dead or Alive for the simple fact I don't play the as I never wanted to play them because I have no interest as to me that has seemed to always be the only thing they've got going for them.
What does bother me is when it appears in an established franchise that didn't have it at first or if it did, the "fanservice" was debatable if it really was fanservice at all. The two that come to mind are Fire Emblem and Digimon both have recently started to get fanservicey (even though in FE's case it's mostly becoming more like a fanfiction dating sim, although there are the beach DLCs who give some very fanservicey poses) in Digimons case just google Kyoko Kuremi, and compare the Angewomon art from back in the day to her recent art.

Sure, I can see that as being a problem because it changes the expectations a series has already established. Like if they suddenly gave Amy Rose jiggle physics and made her pole dance, that would be upsetting because it breaks the franchise and character's established tone. It's kind of a betrayal to existing fans.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: Koh, BullockDS

Messages In This Thread
The Whole Dragon's Crown Sorceress Thing - by Koh - 04-10-2016, 05:45 AM
RE: The Whole Dragon's Crown Sorceress Thing - by Kriven - 04-10-2016, 06:11 AM