Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Anthropomorphic characters (What are some of your favorites?)
I dunno about you all, but I think this guy makes a great candidate for the Plump but Strong Character award.
[Image: latest?cb=20100219020809]
He kinda gives me a Terry Bogard vibe. Might be because of his spiky blond hair and red cap. But while maybe he isn't *huge*, he's still pretty big and round. I'm not clear on his background (as if he really ever needed any, being in only one game as a selectable fighter who doesn't really play any part in the story), but I wouldn't say he's the typical trope-ish kind of fat guy you all are talking about. I wouldn't imagine him being like Big the Cat if they ever made anymore development on him, that's for sure.

I've noticed a more obscure trend of large female characters being more timid types. You can tell by the facial and body expression of these girls...But it could be just because they're wearing those outfits, lmao.
[Image: 078b48d30979e6d1a86aa73af9e47418.jpg]
These are the main protagonists of Muchi Muchi Pork!, a bullet hell from (who else but) Cave Co. Ltd. (While I'm also mentioning them to stay on the thread topic. I think their pig ears are super adorable, by the way.) I notice that they're bodies are slightly more plump than typical bodies seen on females in anime/games/etc. from Japan (excluding Rafute, the one on the right, who has a more slimmer bodytype).

I think it's interesting that the character designers strayed away from more typical bodytypes used in other games like Ibara/Pink Sweets.
[Image: ibara161.gif]
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
Thanked by: psychospacecow

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anthropomorphic characters (What are some of your favorites?) - by miyabi95_ - 04-02-2016, 01:02 AM