Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Anthropomorphic characters (What are some of your favorites?)
(03-30-2016, 11:21 PM)Dolphman Wrote: I don't think Millie and Ms. Fortune should be called anthropomorphic characters. They'd be classed more as half human & animal monster girls.

Agreed. Anthropomorphism refers to animals (or any non-human entity really) with human characteristics. Humans (or human-like beings) with animal characteristics would be Zoomorphism.

Though that is honestly kind of a nitpicky detail; the topic could easily be about both.

I mean if we're getting really technical, anthropomorphism is a broader subject than we tend to consider. Most people consider it to just refer to animals that are capable of walking upright and utilizing prehensile forepaws (y'know, hands). But technically even a character like Amaterasu from Okami could be considered anthropomorphic, as even though she looks completely like a normal wolf and even acts like a wolf most of the time, she shows human-levels of cognition in her ability to perfectly understand spoken language and problem solving skills. (Chibiterasu even more so).

Additionally, robots with human characteristics also qualify as anthropomorphic. Mega Man, Robo from Chrono Trigger, et cetera. But at this point I'm just starting to sound like a nitpicky tool. Mayhaps it would be a good idea to lay down some more specific critera for the topic.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anthropomorphic characters (What are some of your favorites?) - by Jermungandr - 03-31-2016, 12:17 AM