[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Game Design: Openness and Player Choice
Yep, you pretty much nailed it.

No point for me to say much else.

Even in linear gameplay, this kind of stuff is indeed possible, it's all about the proper planning. And it definitely makes the game more enjoyable than when you have to wait on x to do y. One of the common things that makes me quit playing games is because there's only one real option in order to progress. There's no choosing your path, or how to achieve your goal, or even what to just not do. I actually quit in a lot of RPGs because the way it is laid-out is simply "you WILL beat this area, NOW, or get nowhere" Then when I have to grind and grind and grind to beat it, and even then, do not succeed, I quit.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Game Design: Openness and Player Choice - by Koh - 03-30-2016, 02:19 PM
RE: Game Design: Openness and Player Choice - by DarkGrievous7145 - 03-30-2016, 04:29 PM