Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Demakes (What game would you wanna send back in time?)
(02-18-2016, 07:34 PM)Koh Wrote:
(02-18-2016, 07:00 PM)Gors Wrote: The GBC could probably handle a Sunshine demake well - but NES has the advantage of having bigger res (which is perfect for Mario's athletic skills).

Though I wonder how the fludd would be implemented with just two face buttons in a seamless manner

True, the NES and SNEs were both 256x224, but I don't think the GBC 160x144 res is all that bad if everything is scaled to accommodate.  It's really only a problem when you have huge ass sprites, that take up like 1/3 of the screensize where it becomes an issue.
Whereas it was an issue in games like Super Mario Land 2 and SMB Deluxe, because unlike games such as Donkey Kong 94 or SML1, they didn't have graphics made with the GB/C's resolution. (I still love SML2 and SMBDX, but the problem can be made obvious fairly often, moreso in SMBDX).

I'd really love to see one of the Metroidvania Castlevanias remade in an NES or GBC (preferably the former) style. In a way, the color limits and likely dark palette choices could make the game feel more atmospheric.
Offending people is a necessary and healthy act... Every time you say something that's offensive to another person, you just caused a discussion. You just forced them to have to think. - Louis C.K.
Thanked by: miyabi95_

Messages In This Thread
RE: Demakes (What game would you wanna send back in time?) - by BullockDS - 02-18-2016, 07:46 PM