[x]We're back! After a failure of the drives in our database server, all data has been restored from last night's backup. The last 24 hours or so of submissions will likely need to be re-made but everything else should be okay. Please let me now if you notice anything not working as it should though. Thanks! -Petie

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Demakes (What game would you wanna send back in time?)
(02-18-2016, 07:00 PM)Gors Wrote: The GBC could probably handle a Sunshine demake well - but NES has the advantage of having bigger res (which is perfect for Mario's athletic skills).

Though I wonder how the fludd would be implemented with just two face buttons in a seamless manner

True, the NES and SNEs were both 256x224, but I don't think the GBC 160x144 res is all that bad if everything is scaled to accommodate.  It's really only a problem when you have huge ass sprites, that take up like 1/3 of the screensize where it becomes an issue.

If we take a look at say... Donkey Kong '94 on GB, where we have acrobatic Mario, I think a title using that engine would work well.  Sunshine demake probably being a branch off of it.
[Image: tamerkoh.gif?9][Image: DevBanner.png][Image: Youtube.gif]DLBROOKS33
Thanked by: miyabi95_

Messages In This Thread
RE: Demakes (What game would you wanna send back in time?) - by Koh - 02-18-2016, 07:34 PM