Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Character designs: THE SUBJECTIVITY THREAD :'D
Probably doesn't help how dragons in modern fiction are almost exclusively stock designs: Asian, quadruped with wings, or wings for arms.
Just Googling "medieval dragon paintings" and you can see that they came in different varieties. They were animalistic abominations.
Still, I like Asian dragons more because they look cooler. Especially in artwork, sculptures, video games or anime.

One figure I own is a statue of a Lóngguī (Chinese Dragon turtle) I always felt this was the true inspiration for Bowser.
Not the ox-tortoise-dragon mashup monster as confirmed by Nintendo. It looks more obvious.

And now another favourite character design: The Dopefish from Commander keen
[Image: dopefish_by_ayceeem-d1vnllw.jpg]
Sure it's a simple design, a fat bucktoothed green fish with a retarded facial expression. But that's what gives the thing it's charm. 
Doing nothing but swim, chase after food, and go after the main hero. It managed to become a memorable enemy in the series.
Because of how iconic and ridiculous it is. It cameos in a lot of games, even ones not by ID Software or Apogee/3D Realms.
[Image: sonamy_animtitle_by_retrobunyip-dbg86ov.gif]
Thanked by: miyabi95_, BullockDS

Messages In This Thread
RE: Character designs: good ones and others...not so much - by Dolphman - 02-16-2016, 03:39 AM