Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Most frustrating game levels/moments/anythings?
(02-11-2016, 05:53 PM)NICKtendo DS Wrote: You know what else I find frustrating? Hard levels without checkpoints or checkpoints being too far apart. This is my biggest gripe with the 3D Mario games since Galaxy. I'm not the kind of guy that enters the next level when it's available if there's shit to collect in the last.
That Fire Dino Pirahna Daredevil Run in Galazy 1? Screw that!
Champion's Road in 3D World and similar courses? Screw those too! "Oh, but the lack of checkpoints is what makes them challenging." No! That's dumb! That's bullshit! It doesn't change a thing about the level design! All it does is saving me the trouble of overcoming certain obstacles I already overcame a million times before!

These are hardly at all dumb in my honest opinion.

I can understand if they're needlessly long levels where there's no checkpoint, but if you think about it what Nintendo does with long distanced checkpoints is nothing compared to some people's Super Mario Maker Levels.

If you ask me putting aside SMM bullshit, the only stupid thing I've ever come across in a Mario game is the Pachinko Machine in Super Mario Sunshine. Now that is bullshit since it's almost impossible to control where you fall to get a coin.
Discord is Dioshiba#9513
Thanked by: miyabi95_

Messages In This Thread
RE: Most frustrating game levels/moments/anythings? - by DioShiba - 02-11-2016, 07:12 PM