Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
New Nintendo All-Stars Crossover that's not Smash
I got thinking earlier about the trivia game idea, and decided that I love it! Now, I'm just coming off of my Banjo-Kazooie playthrough and am probably heavily influenced by Gruntilda's Furnace Fun, but what if they combined the quiz show idea with:

(02-04-2016, 08:28 AM)TomGuycott Wrote: However, if the idea was to encompass as many game series as possible like Smash Bros, I would definitely say it should be done in a Mario Party style format. Have a ton of characters from various game franchises, a bunch of game boards based on various games (They could even have maps that are designed to look like very classic game maps, like a Mario 3 overworld, the original Zelda overworld or a Fire Emblem battle map). The assortment of minigames would bring in concepts and ideas from each game series, and maybe even mimic gameplay from their original series.

For example, picture a minigame which is literally just a dungeon room from the original Legend of Zelda where enemies keep spawning, and your goal is to kill as many as possible. Instead of just Links, the character you chose has a sprite made in Legend of Zelda style (More or less, it would probably be best to go by Mario Maker rules in terms of spriting for the sake of readability) and whoever kills the most enemies wins the round.

So the premise for the party game is the quiz show (hosted by Chuck Quizmo and Vanna T.), but it isn't a carbon copy of the Mario Party games... Like the Gruntilda quiz show, there are different types of spaces which represent different types of questions: a space with a music note would be a question about music or sounds (recognizing a specific audio clip or answering questions about Nintendo's composers), a space with a photograph on it represents a space involving visuals (identifying an object or character from a work of art, or a game from a screenshot or possibly even as specific as "Which world is being shown here?"), and a space with a question mark would be a general Nintendo question. There would also be spaces with a POW Block (or similar) icon which take the players to various mini-games, some of which are based on and take the style of classic Nintendo moments while others might be retooled Game & Watch games (for instance, I can see Game & Watch Gallery Donkey Kong 3 working as a Vs. game). Before the question is asked or mini-game challenge is issued, the player who landed on the space may wager as many coins as they wish (in the case of mini-games, all players are given the option to wager as all players participate). Getting the answer correct will double the wager, answering incorrectly will take it all. The objective is to locate Vanna T. on the map (just like how in Mario Party you have to locate Tumble or whoever) and purchase something from her... I'll just say "Star" since I haven't thought of an alternative and Mario Party is the base for the formula. Whoever has the most "Stars" at the end of the game is the winner.

Basically I took the two ideas I liked the most and smashed them together and now want to make a fangame.

Also, for the record, I imagine this game as having hand-drawn visuals... Not ones that look like Paper Mario, but more in line with Wario Land Shake It. The only instances of style change or models would be in specific mini-games (for instance, if Target Blast were a mini-game, the style would be like Smash for Wii U... if the mini-game were to race one lap around Mario Circuit, it would look like Mario Kart 64... I guess in a way this combines elements of NES Remix but like... Nintendo Remix).
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Nintendo All-Stars Crossover that's not Smash - by Kriven - 02-07-2016, 09:33 PM