Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
New Nintendo All-Stars Crossover that's not Smash
Whatever the game is, it has to utilize the Amiibo in a big way... Like, I'm thinking "The game itself is free-to-play and you can use your Mii character to explore whatever content is available, but you need the Amiibo to be a specific all-star" big. Probably even "Amiibos also unlock new levels/items/costumes/stages."

For instance in a Kart Racing game, the Mario amiibo could unlock a Mario Circuit from any of the Mario Kart games, plus one of his trademark Karts, and add something to the item boxes... like Fireflower, maybe. The Amiibo is required to play as Mario himself, and instead of the traditional "Character Select Screen" you just get a screen filled with the Mii characters on your system and at the bottom a big "OR SCAN AN AMIIBO!" slogan.

Although I think along those lines, the thing that would most appeal to me is something like Skylanders with a touch of Disney Infinity... Not the half-assed Project Spark "Build Your Own Adventures!" thing that Disney Infinity has going on, and I think controlling the characters might be a little more like Skylanders or any other Dungeon Crawler type brawler game (Marvel Ultimate Alliance...). Scanning Amiibo will permanently unlock items, costumes, armor, etc., but you can also tap them to play as that character or open specific levels. In this case the levels would require the amiibo be scanned for use, but there's just a separate option... I'm not suggesting Level Amiibo, but that in one menu Mario unlocks a Super Mario Bros. level, and in another menu he scans into the game to be used until the player swaps him out.

I fantasize that the "levels" would be compact story adventures... so there might be an over-arching storymode that you can play through with just your Mii, if you want to be a cheapskate, but there are also sidequests and unique levels for each Amiibo. And unlike Disney Infinity, there's no reason why Mega Man can't drop by Princess Peach's Castle to help fend off the oncoming Koopa Kingdom Army.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: miyabi95_

Messages In This Thread
RE: New Nintendo All-Stars Crossover that's not Smash - by Kriven - 02-04-2016, 03:27 AM