Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Character designs: THE SUBJECTIVITY THREAD :'D
(02-01-2016, 04:36 PM)Benny The Miraj Wrote: I don't know if there's really a such thing as a good OR bad design (debatable) but I can speak from personal taste.

Personally, I tend to prefer characters that are simple and too-the-point over characters that are creative, but over designed. Take Charizard for example: He's not a very imaginative design. He's just a dragon. But I actually don't mind that he's not that creative: I like him anyway. All I care about is if a character looks cool.

I've never played Bravely Default, but I watched a video with all of it's summons. Frankly, I didn't think any of them were cool because of what I mentioned. Two of them are just giant humans, and the other four are these huge collections of metal and junk that are supposed to resemble animals, but hardly do. One is like a big giant, walking city, which the idea is cool, but again, I thought they were over-designed and ended up looking more complicated than they needed to be. I would have liked to have seen at least one organic beast summon, but out of the six summons, four were overly complicated robots and the other two are giant humans. I can't say I'm a huge robot fan, to be honest. They're not BAD designs, I just found them over-designed, and wished there was something more straightforward to summon that isn't humanoid.

Same with me - simplicity is a must for me to just enjoy playing as a character.

To be honest though, if I were bigger into JRPGs, Bravely Default would be my game - the characters look super adorable!!
[Image: ErbRIBqVkAUtE8F?format=png&name=900x900]
Instagram Twitch Twitter YouTube
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Character designs: good ones and others...not so much - by miyabi95_ - 02-01-2016, 06:39 PM