Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Skype Hackers
welcome to skype. and the grim caveats of instant messaging: it spreads bad news faster than email.

thanks for posting a warning to us, though! we'll keep a lookout.

not to be an asshole here but what they're doing isn't really hacking. it's like calling us hackers when some of us just printscreen games and clean it up.
(actually im just discrediting them, by telling everyone how it starts. doing this will probably make it easier to avoid it in the future)

see, one guy makes a fake login page (this is "phishing" - they're setting up "bait" for less savvy people to take) or sometimes a script that downloads and installs a keylogger (which tracks every key you hit...I guess this could be considered "hacking") and he's an asshole. [fun fact: sometimes this is a COMPANY, and they'll monetize off each one! THAT'S spooky]
he unleashes this on a dummy account to a list of emails he's collected (he'll usually download it off of a torrent site or pay someone to give it to him) and relies on the "trust" of the victim's friends to spread the "word"...which in turn kinda jades your trust in the friend. but really, it's not his trust, it's his proficiency with computers. lmao. in turn it's like a game of "telephone" except your computer gets dumb

and it...kinda happens often as you see. usually, I'd do this in the past back in the days of AIM but I'd have ridiculously strong antiviruses that go off and freak me the heck out, so after the spooky antivirus warnings I kinda realized that it was maybe time to stop clicking them.

but yeah, as a warning to everyone: if you're suspicious of a link your friend just sent you, just don't click it. feel free to tell your friend they were probably phished, and they'll probably message you the next day to apologize (which, don't let it kill your friendship - it won't. but just give your friend some pointers on how maybe to avoid it next time) if your antivirus has a web or messaging filter, feel free to enable it, too.
if it happens, go ham and start running antiviruses everywhere and once they finish change your any account passwords ASAP.
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!

Messages In This Thread
Skype Hackers - by Koh - 01-18-2016, 06:05 AM
RE: Skype Hackers - by Kosheh - 01-18-2016, 08:14 AM
RE: Skype Hackers - by PatientZero - 01-18-2016, 10:32 AM
RE: Skype Hackers - by DarkGrievous7145 - 01-18-2016, 04:43 PM
RE: Skype Hackers - by Kosheh - 01-18-2016, 11:21 PM
RE: Skype Hackers - by DarkGrievous7145 - 01-19-2016, 01:50 AM
RE: Skype Hackers - by Maxpphire - 01-20-2016, 08:08 AM