Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
new year, new questions
(01-02-2016, 06:02 PM)Sindle Wrote:
(01-02-2016, 02:52 PM)SuperFlomm Wrote:
(01-01-2016, 04:23 PM)CosmicLoop Wrote: Question Block Now here's a trick question. I've actually been wondering this for years. Is there a way to view EA's .PACKAGE files or .WORLD files? In this case it's the MySims console series. When I still played the PC version I saw there were quite a few .PACKAGE files (probably some .BIN files too). Recently I found a few ISOs of some MySims Wii games, thinking it'd be a different file layout; but viewing the original first game with Dolphin only proved me wrong -- it was basically exactly the same as the PC version. (On the bright side I think I saw more files here than with the PC version though). Though considering it's an exclusive file, I'm guessing chances of viewing them are super slim. I wonder if another file in the game would give us a clue...?
There are tools called Package Editors for the Sims games:
SimPE (Sims 2 and Sims Stories)
S3PE (Sims 3 and Medieval)
S4PE (Sims 4)

Maybe one of them works for MySims, I don't know.

A few small problems. The only one of those package editors that actually works with MySims is S3PE, and even then it can only view textures, and only on the PC Port of the original game, the Wii versions have some matter of encryption that make viewing the files impossible to do. So basically, it's impossible.

You can try for yourself, but I haven't had any luck.

Oh wow, thanks guys for the info on packages! I honestly wasn't expecting much. Currently looking up that s3pe, will post my results later.
all my ideas are jokes

[Image: i-am-meme.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
new year, new questions - by CosmicLoop - 01-01-2016, 04:23 PM
RE: new year, new questions - by SuperFlomm - 01-02-2016, 02:52 PM
RE: new year, new questions - by Sindle - 01-02-2016, 06:02 PM
RE: new year, new questions - by CosmicLoop - 01-02-2016, 06:36 PM