Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Do "Perfect" Games Exist For You?
I cannot think of any game that truly hits a perfect on my meter, or at least, was able to stay there.

The closest games that come to mind for me are:
Epic Battle Fantasy series (includes spin-offs)
MineCraft
GemCraft series (except original)
Crystalien Conflict
Spybotics The Nightfall Incident
Radioactive Teddy Bear Zombies
nearly any Nitrome game
...to name a "few"

However, each one has had an issue with at least one of the following: glitches, lag, crappy limitations, difficulty curve, premium content, "balancing" , aesthetic appeal changing (MC!), broken promises by developers, etc...

EBF and its Spinoffs are awesome, but are now nearly unplayable for me because Matt finally pushed the absolute limits of Flash. The difficulty at times is overwhelming, also.
MineCraft had a good thing going, but I feel the heart and soul of the game isn't entirely there anymore.
Gemcraft is still really awesome, but newer versions have too much exclusive content, and the difficulty can easily get out of hand.
Crystalien Conflict is not a challenge to me anymore, I am now a seasoned veteran and bored to death. The lack of a map editor also is a downside.
Spybotics is an awesome game, but sometimes the difficulty curve is a bit much, and there are some weird glitches that spell instant death.
Radioactive Teddybear Zombies certainly isn't a gem, but it meets my requirements if not for three main factors. Firstly, the cheaty tactic of flipping non-symmetrical graphics. That's just an OCD thing for me. Secondly, the third boss, referenced in the code as "Bearcrab" IT IS NOT EVEN THE FINAL BOSS, AND THIS THING IS A PAIN IN THE ASS TO KILL. This bastard has killed me many more times then I've killed him. And then there's random noclipping issues. These rarely become critical, but I have had it happen in bad places like the aforementioned boss's room.
Nitrome Games are innovative, they're fun, they have a very retro feel, they don't need a lot of resources. On the other hand, the difficulty tends to get intense pretty early on. I have yet to beat any game or really figure-out how to. They all involve some element of strategy , timing, or puzzle-solving. They're fun, but they are hard, almost to the point it is soul-crushing

tl;dr:
A perfect game, to me, needs to be stable (or at least, mostly), fun to play, look and sound good, reasonably balanced, perhaps customizable, and it certainly doesn't hurt to be innovative, story helps. No game has yet maxed these traits out simultaneously, or managed to keep it that way, IMHO.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Do "Perfect" Games Exist For You? - by Koh - 12-05-2015, 11:11 PM
RE: Do "Perfect" Games Exist For You? - by Gors - 12-06-2015, 10:07 AM
RE: Do "Perfect" Games Exist For You? - by Koh - 12-06-2015, 10:45 AM
RE: Do "Perfect" Games Exist For You? - by Kriven - 12-06-2015, 11:03 AM
RE: Do "Perfect" Games Exist For You? - by Koh - 12-06-2015, 05:50 PM
RE: Do "Perfect" Games Exist For You? - by Koh - 12-07-2015, 12:45 AM
RE: Do "Perfect" Games Exist For You? - by Koh - 12-07-2015, 06:52 AM
RE: Do "Perfect" Games Exist For You? - by Kriven - 12-07-2015, 07:36 AM
RE: Do "Perfect" Games Exist For You? - by Marth - 12-07-2015, 11:47 AM
RE: Do "Perfect" Games Exist For You? - by Koh - 12-07-2015, 02:31 PM
RE: Do "Perfect" Games Exist For You? - by DarkGrievous7145 - 12-08-2015, 03:58 AM