Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Do "Perfect" Games Exist For You?
(12-07-2015, 12:15 AM)Koh Wrote:
(12-06-2015, 10:39 PM)Zero Kirby Wrote: It makes you look like a pretentious stick-in-the-mud that can't see the forest for the trees.

But you must also realize the reverse is also true.  People who give out perfect scores just because they happened to like something makes it look like they're incredibly biased, are just ignoring problems with the game despite the fact they exist, or have incredibly low standards to the point they'd play just about anything, or some or all of the above.

There are two sides to the coin~

And this is why the scores alone are meaningless.  The accompanying text should have absolutely everything they noted; pros and cons, no matter how major or minor.

I like how you take just a single sentence of my posts, disregard the rest, and attack that one to discredit the whole post.

Again, when you say the whole "biased, there are still problems with the game that they're ignoring, they have incredibly low standards" that's because in your mind, a 10/10 means "absolutely perfect." You're taking it at absolute face value. When also in my post, I said this:

Quote:I agree with Gors that numbers are stupid and it's for precisely this reason that numbers are stupid. People take them at face value way too often and yet there's too much room for interpretation with some scores as evidenced by the fact this conversation even exists. It's the most bizarre paradox I've ever seen.

It's kind of funny how that answered your problem with bias because 10/10 doesn't mean the same to me and others as it does to you. There's two sides to the coin, sure, but when your own bias is clearly showing it's a little hard to see where you're coming from, whereas I at least adequately explained why never handing out a ten is meaningless.

Quote:Because if all you can get is a nine and you get a nine then why bother improving if no amount of improving will increase the score. You might as well rate 9-out-of-9 for all the good it does you.

Context matters! Of course that sentence you quoted by itself is easily dismissed. With the two quoted above though it means rather a lot more!

As for your comments on the text of the review, obviously I agree because as I mentioned I hate review scores but I was under the impression we were talking about review scores!
[Image: StickerStageItems.png]
Check out this review blog thing I do! Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch was the latest review!
Thanked by: Gors, Gors

Messages In This Thread
Do "Perfect" Games Exist For You? - by Koh - 12-05-2015, 11:11 PM
RE: Do "Perfect" Games Exist For You? - by Zero Kirby - 12-07-2015, 03:46 AM
RE: Do "Perfect" Games Exist For You? - by Gors - 12-06-2015, 10:07 AM
RE: Do "Perfect" Games Exist For You? - by Koh - 12-06-2015, 10:45 AM
RE: Do "Perfect" Games Exist For You? - by Kriven - 12-06-2015, 11:03 AM
RE: Do "Perfect" Games Exist For You? - by Koh - 12-06-2015, 05:50 PM
RE: Do "Perfect" Games Exist For You? - by Koh - 12-07-2015, 12:45 AM
RE: Do "Perfect" Games Exist For You? - by Koh - 12-07-2015, 06:52 AM
RE: Do "Perfect" Games Exist For You? - by Kriven - 12-07-2015, 07:36 AM
RE: Do "Perfect" Games Exist For You? - by Marth - 12-07-2015, 11:47 AM