Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Do "Perfect" Games Exist For You?
(12-05-2015, 11:11 PM)Koh Wrote: A rather simple question.  Has a game ever been a 10/10 for you?

My answer would of course be no, never, and there never will be, no matter how much I like the game.  Final Fantasy Tactics is probably one of the most finely crafted, incredibly orchestrated and deep RPGs you can play, but even with all that I'd only consider it a 9/10 game.  Nothing ever get s a perfect score, because nothing is perfect.  There's always something somewhere that makes it lose some points, whether it be a design oddity, bugs or glitches, or whatever else that takes away from the polish or experience.

You son of a snitch you WOULD use Tactics as the go to "It's really great but it's not perfect!" game!

Perfection in of itself an illusion we think things that have imperfections to be perfect simply because we accept we can't like everything about anyone thing. So when people say something is 10/10 and then they explain why and what that means to them i usually can attest and find common ground to agree. For example Splatoon, not my cup of every day tea but that game is getting number is really robust colorful, fun and not a chore to just pick up and play. Or like Pokemon. All i ever wanted from Pokemon was that black people exist I can be a black person who trains Pokemon and I can change my clothes they gave me that in X and Y and that games still got imperfections and I consider it to be one of if not the best entry in Pokemon and that's coming from someone who was content with Pokemon after getting Crystal.

So do perfect games exist? No. Are there games so good they make it very easy to overlook a lot of other things that could make the overall product better? Yes. Those are the games we strive to create.
[Image: VeM0J5C.gif]
[Image: clVthBd.png]
You may also know me as Giraffe
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Do "Perfect" Games Exist For You? - by Koh - 12-05-2015, 11:11 PM
RE: Do "Perfect" Games Exist For You? - by Gors - 12-06-2015, 10:07 AM
RE: Do "Perfect" Games Exist For You? - by Koh - 12-06-2015, 10:45 AM
RE: Do "Perfect" Games Exist For You? - by Kriven - 12-06-2015, 11:03 AM
RE: Do "Perfect" Games Exist For You? - by Omegajak - 12-06-2015, 05:45 PM
RE: Do "Perfect" Games Exist For You? - by Koh - 12-06-2015, 05:50 PM
RE: Do "Perfect" Games Exist For You? - by Koh - 12-07-2015, 12:45 AM