Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon Models
Wait. Actually, I'm not really seeing how this is that bad. You made a valid request (in the correct forum, too) and then Petie immediately jumped on you for requesting...
Not to be That Guy - but I'm really failing what to see what went wrong here as everyone just took an opportunity just now to dogpile you for making another request. Petie, am I missing something here (other than "Lilothestitch is a bad poster"?)

Actually, taking another look at it:
(11-22-2015, 02:01 PM)Lilothestitch Wrote: Can someone rip 3D Models, Textures, and Animations from Pokémon Super Mystery Dunegon? I need the model, texture & animation files for all of the Legendary and Mythical Pokémon so that I can upload them to the Models Resource and import them into Brawlbox

...I see the issue...but I don't think it warranted that kind of reply.
"All the Legendary and Mythical Pokemon" - that's over 50 characters.
Also, keep in mind that the game's been out for only a week, and it takes time for people to dig through the filesystem to find out what files do what. They're not always some default format that's as simple as clicking and dragging into a magic model converter - not to mention that when they finally DO figure out the format, it's more likely that they'd submit the models themselves (which THEN you could use them to import into BrawlBox)

But yeah, ripping models is not as simple as pouring yourself a bowl of cereal. And considering the game just came out literally DAYS ago, it's a somewhat daunting request that people assume you're taking for granted.
I think a better way of approaching it would've been to NOT mention the mythical Pokemon, and just see if there's a way to actually rip anything at all first. Once it's been established that someone or something can rip from those files more easily by, say, writing a conversion tool, THEN message the person and ask "Hey, can you send me the files of the mythical and legendary Pokemon so I can rip them, fix their meshes and skeletons in [insert 3D modeling program] and share them with the Resource? Maybe after, I'll use them in BrawlBox and make something cool!"

I think the "problem" as to why "nobody likes you" is that you have a tendency to make these big, grandeur requests and you don't quite understand just how daunting some of them are - or that you also tend to constantly make short posts asking when someone's gonna get around to ripping something. The key to ripping assets from games is patience - because ripping from ANY game is like solving a puzzle. YOU posting "hey, when are you gonna rip these things" is like someone telling you "hey, did you solve that Rubik's cube yet? hey, did you solve that Rubik's cube yet? I really wish you'd solve that Rubik's cube, I can't wait to show my friends that someone solved a Rubik's cube"

(also, "nobody likes you" is a REALLY harsh and juvenile thing to say - the members clearly have an issue with you due to your pushy nature, but that doesn't mean that none of us are willing to give you a chance [although...you're showing that same kind of pushy nature, as if nothing has really changed])
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon Models - by Kosheh - 11-23-2015, 07:07 AM