Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Moral Questions on ISOs and Posting Linking to Other Forums
So, I’ve got a question that’s been bugging me for some time now. I know somebody who have looked for ISOs that have been uploaded from various sites so that he can extract the various sound effects from it. I have the disks to some of the games I want to extract the sounds from: Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2002) for the PS2 and Gamecube, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed for the Mac and Xbox 360, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II for PC and Xbox 360, and Star Wars: Battlefront (2004) for PC. There are some sound files I want to extract from these games, but I have no idea where the sounds are and how to extract them; and there are other games I want to extract their sounds from but I have no access to: Kinect Star Wars and Star Wars: Obi-Wan.

A YouTuber named “Star Wars Video Game Sounds” had collected numerous sound effects from various games. Although he will no longer continue extracting sounds for others, there are some sounds from certain games that are not only what I want, but what others want as well. Thing is I want to get the files from the console games, but I don’t know how to get the computer to read the disks and their files in the cheapest way possible. However, I would like to do it legally too, which leads me to ask: should I look for ISOs for games I don’t have online, and if so how to extract their contents and rip the sounds?

The other part of this thread I wanted to address is that I found some links to valuable information that might help me—or others if they choose to—in extracting the sounds, but they are on the XeNTaX forum, which could be a problem here. If there are others who would be willing to help me get the sounds, I’m not sure if it would be okay to post the links up onto my thread for others to see because it could very well be against the rules here.

I need answers here. The best answers if possible.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
Moral Questions on ISOs and Posting Linking to Other Forums - by ARAJediMaster - 11-18-2015, 11:25 PM