Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Assorted Requests for Darkgrievous
I guess I'll just add a new request here.

Another thing I need is a converter to either XML, or JSON, for the Adobe Shockwave "preferences" format.
I think that's what it's called?

The only thing I can find for dealing with these files is Shockwave/Director.
Seeing as I want to maybe port, or provide the necessary data/files to port some of these games, someday...
I need something that converts these to a will-known, and easy format to work with.

Specs:
1 -Must be compatible on older computers, at least far back as Windows XP
2 -Ideally, easy to recompile, or based on a scripting language , like JavaScript. safest bet is to use JavaScript.
2.b --Whatever is used, it must not require an additional download/plugin/whatever of any kind, so no Python and such.
3 -load from file, or paste contents from file into a textbox
4 -save to new file, or copy contents from a text area
5 -if file-saving is implemented, make sure it saves file with correct extension, assuming both export formats are used.
5.b --preferably, JSON is the format to export, not that I hate XML, but I want something that's more compact, and is EXTREMELY easy to read in JavaScript, especially. (I can manually read/write XML, not so much programmatically, whereas JSON just becomes a object/'associative array', which is VERY easy to access/manipulate)

That should be everything

example data/file:
http://pastebin.com/etzuEe1F
ignore the curly braces, it's something i forgot to delete, when i exported these, i saved them all to one .txt file, and sandwiched the individual entries between <their actual filename>{ }
The curly braces are not part of the data!
sorry if that's caused any confusion!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Assorted Requests for Darkgrievous - by DarkGrievous7145 - 09-28-2015, 01:37 AM