Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Robocop vs the Terminator Sprite Problems
It isn't that the graphics are compressed in this case [usually it is though and the reason why I have unable to rip Comix Zone especially Sketch Turner] but it is rather loading the graphics so basically it is loading a sprite and the next frame loading different tiles for the next sprite. It is to with the VRAM.

I actually did look at this before to rip [a LOOONG time ago] and yeah, the sprites (or at least the tiles) are all over the place making it very hard to know which sprite is where. It seems to be a thing in Virgin/Dave Perry games on the console and when I did Aladdin, after looking at the ROM and find it hard to begin, did it the old fashioned way mixed with the tile viewer making sure that I got every pose.

Oh and: Mega Drive/Genesis version: Virgin Games, Master System/Game Gear version: NMS Software [explains the differences in organisation, Virgin often outsourced their games to other developers for the 8 bit versions]

You could try making the savestate of the character you want, use the Genesis Savestate Viewer: http://segaretro.org/images/5/5d/GSavestate.zip Then go to VDP, Color RAM, change the first colour in the palette [or at least the first black on the palette lines, there are 4 lines on the system] to a different one and check in the tool. Sometimes it actually loads more than just the one pose but isn't used [yet or already has], so check the Patterns (F7 or View, Patterns) just in case. Another method is to hack the ROM to change the palette so when you rip it, it isn't in black [or use GensKMod for a pink but doesn't work on every game] however it requires looking at the palette via a savestate then using that knowledge for the ROM.

Failing that, the only thing that I can think of is if someone figures out the mapping and sadly I don't have the technical knowledge on how to do that (requires disassembly).
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Robocop vs the Terminator Sprite Problems - by Yawackhary - 09-22-2015, 02:49 PM