Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Don't go on Imgur right now. Its been compromised.
(09-22-2015, 06:13 AM)Vipershark Wrote: Moved to General Discussion.

yeah I was wondering what business this had in real life

imgur is in cyberspace. i don't talk to imgur in meatspace

(09-22-2015, 06:14 AM)psychospacecow Wrote: I use reddit for lots of gaming communities.
Forgot to mention the /r/4chan part on this post. My bad. My avatar and signature are all on imgur.

Well no one's really paid attention to the topic as of yet, but you might want to go back and mention that in the OP instead of scaring half of us to death because a good handful of us are people like you who upload everything on imgur.
ONCE AGAIN: OUR SIGNATURES AREN'T GOING TO INFECT YOU WITH SPOOKY TROJANS. visiting the page they're on in imgur MIGHT

Basically, in english, there's an ongoing JavaScript issue where a link to imgur would open a few hundred pages to 8chan with an attempt to get people to "unknowingly" DDoS the site. The exploit's tucked away in the header of imgur pages IIRC, so items that are linked atm shouldn't impact your browsing experience today! Just stay vigilant today and the best suggestion is to just not browse imgur this morning. If you're braver, just disable Javascript and Flash loading on imgur.

If you're super lazy, just disable Flash in Chrome.
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by: psychospacecow

Messages In This Thread
RE: Don't go on Imgur right now. Its been compromised. - by Kosheh - 09-22-2015, 07:23 AM