Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.]
I'd have to say Splatoon is worse than Shovel Knight in the "DLC behind a paywall" department, because it's content locked behind 3 different amiibo instead of 1 and so far there is only read support for the Splatoon amiibo and no read/write, which the Shovel amiibo does have.
And I'd like to argue that the Splatoon content is there since day 1 whereas the Shovel Knight content comes after the finished product along with free DLC. (Splatoon's DLC is free too, but I wanted to point that out)

Regardless, I have nothing against them other than the poor supply and demand. And the price maybe, but that never stopped me from getting the ones I want. It sucks that I have to pay 16 euros when it is 13 dollars in the US though.

Another thing to consider is that if a friend has an amiibo that you don't have, but need to unlock a certain costume or whatever, they can bring it over to unlock stuff for you. I know someone who has MK8, but barely does Nintendo, so he doesn't have amiibo. I bring mine along and BOOM!, he got himself a couple of race suits to play with in the game he barely touches. On the flipside, I don't have Rosalina, but a friend of mine does and he got me the Wooly World skin and MK8 race suit.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by: Kriven

Messages In This Thread
RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - by NICKtendo DS - 09-04-2015, 09:32 AM