Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)
Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.]
The only instance I can think of where amiibo are treated as paid DLC is with Splatoon and the extra missions, because that content is just too valuable to lock that way.

amiibos contain an id and storage space for data of one source at a time, like Smash Bros. or Mario Party. What amiibo do what paid DLC doesn't is that the id works with more than one game. Little things, which is good.

Another example I'd like to look at is Shovel Knight, a game that gets a bulk of free DLC in the course of time. Even without it, the game could be considered complete. What the amiibo adds is purely extra. Even if it's something as big as 2 player mode, it's an extra. And from what I understand, there will be quite some customization options for your Shovel Knight you can store on that amiibo.

For me, I collect these figures for what they are: figures. What they do is a bonus. Only ever so often do I buy an amiibo for the unlocks, like Olimar. I have nothing with Pikmin, but the race suit in MK8 and the skin in Wooly World are just too epic. Besides, with the Pikmin, it a 4-in-1 figure.
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
My Game Maker games (Dropbox download links):

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Physical DLC Thread [Toys-To-Life. amiibo, etc.] - by NICKtendo DS - 09-04-2015, 04:46 AM