Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
New To Ripping Stuff
(09-03-2015, 09:07 PM)puggsoy Wrote: OK, so there are a couple of ways to do this. The one you're probably familiar with is hard-ripping, that is, taking screenshots of gameplay using an emulator. This is usually best to do if you have some way of disabling layers so you only see the sprites you want; DeSmuME is usually best at this.

The other way, and the one you should always try before hard-ripping (since it's much quicker and complete) is ripping from the ROM directly. The tool of choice is usually Tinke, since it recognises a bunch of popular formats and manages to extract them fairly easily.
In the case that there are unrecognised file formats (like .bin or what have you) then you can also ask people here to see if they can crack it open (or do it yourself, if you know how or want to learn).

That's a quick overview that should get you started. If you need more help just ask!

How do you use Tinke? I wanna make sure I know how to use it so I don't screw up my gameplay stuff...or the game itself.  Embarassed
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
New To Ripping Stuff - by MechaGalMonster_001 - 09-03-2015, 07:33 PM
RE: New To Ripping Stuff - by puggsoy - 09-03-2015, 09:07 PM
RE: New To Ripping Stuff - by MechaGalMonster_001 - 09-03-2015, 09:38 PM
RE: New To Ripping Stuff - by Shade - 09-03-2015, 10:31 PM
RE: New To Ripping Stuff - by Red Streak - 09-13-2015, 02:04 PM