Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Steven Universe: Attack the Light Graphics Organization?
ok

now, contacting the devs...
i guess, don't be afraid

You should in theory be safe it's not from a huge conglomerate like Activision-Blizzard, EA, Microsoft, etc...

A lot of game devs are open to these questions...
The ones you have to be careful of are the ones who believe copyright infringement needs to be dealt with using an iron fist.... Generally speaking, the big corporations do this the most.

Now, where you could run int problems is that the game is fairly new, and... the fact it's a Cartoon Network licensed game, which could bind them to certain obligations...

But, probably in most cases you will get, at worse, one of the following:
"I cannot help you" , "I myself don't understand the format", "no"
the extreme case is a C&D/lawsuit, but... it's pretty unlikely...
Now, if you went to CN/Turner and asked, well... then, yeah...

Do as you may, but the worse they can say usually is "no"
developers are usually more reasonable from what I can tell... it's usually the suits that will shoot you down...

good luck!

as for rotation...
I know one way to do this is matrix transforms...
IDK how unity, or the android unity engine handles this, though...
What I' will say, Is I think rotating sprites is better using vectors, as these don't distort nearly as much as a bitmap does, even a HQ bitmap rotation can be less than perfect... I should know, I've rotated bitmap graphics... Some of them really start to look like crap when you rotate them. Ofc, there's also pre-rendering the different angles to do this, but it means more filesize.
That's all I can say there...
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steven Universe: Attack the Light Graphics Organization? - by DarkGrievous7145 - 08-27-2015, 07:54 PM