Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Steven Universe: Attack the Light Graphics Organization?
(08-26-2015, 02:23 AM)Mighty Jetters Wrote: Yea I mean, if anything I'm the useless one here. Unsure

I'm really happy that we got this far though, maybe we'll be able to figure something out.

aww...don't say that
We all run into stuff we can or can't do.
For example, the site I've been hosting the files and stuff on, let me tell you a bit about my role in the project that site is dedicated to, Crystalien Redux. The goal is to create tools and apis to make it easy/possible to insert custom content into a lego flash RTS that's like, 8 years old. Now, the game is closed-source, and the binaries have their code encrypted. In fact, the modding part probably would have been impossible, short of a remake, if we hadn't by chance had the original developer come on-board. Now, here's where I fit in, I am the newest team member, and I kinda just do odd jobs and study the game code or assets, occasionally making a note, archiving, or exporting something. I occasionally test something, but mainly, i find weak points in the code, or I manage to push one of my team-mates to do something they normally wouldn't do. Sometimes, this is extremely helpful, as it gets the ball rolling on some amazing breakthroughs and whatnot. To that project, I am probably one of the least vital/useful members for actual programming, but that doesn't stop me from trying to do something! My strength is not my programming abilities or graphics design skills, neither of which are where I want them, but that I generally don't take no for an answer, I analyze everything I see thoroughly as I can, I can be an organizational genius, and I'm willing to ask even some "stupid questions", or try some bold moves from time to time.

Anyways, you at least went and asked for help, and that in itself is useful. There are hundreds, thousands, possibly millions, possibly billions of others, who just wouldn't do anything. who'd take a brief look (if even that) at the files and say "i quit, i give-up, this is impossible" You've attracted hundreds of views, and with each view is potentially an individual who can help, or wants to help, or knows someone meeting that description. There are even some who'd look at the files, try to do it all by themselves, and just screw-around, getting nowhere, and not asking for help at all. You've done what you can based on what knowledge you possess, and what skills you have. You didn't over-complicate the whole matter by just going solo, being arrogant, and refusing to ask for help. That's still useful by my book.

*hugs*
It's not your fault these are in some strange proprietary format...

And yep, I'm sure something will be figured-out, I'm off now...
Thanked by: Garamonde

Messages In This Thread
RE: Steven Universe: Attack the Light Graphics Organization? - by DarkGrievous7145 - 08-26-2015, 03:04 AM