Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Any way to get files from Facebook game Army Attack?
(08-24-2015, 01:25 PM)Vince5754 Wrote:
(08-24-2015, 12:52 PM)DarkGrievous7145 Wrote: glad it was of some use

well, I probably can't help you there, do the .SC files have any kind of header, at least?

"Header"?... Header...

I'm going to sound like an absolute Scrub I'm sure, but I'm not familiar with the term. I'm new blood when it comes to coding.
In amongst the files I did see this in the EnemyUnits.as file:

package game.characters
{
    import flash.display.*;
    import flash.events.*;
    import flash.geom.*;
    import flash.text.*;
    import game.actions.*;
    import game.battlefield.*;
    import game.gameElements.*;
    import game.gui.*;
    import game.isometric.*;
    import game.isometric.boundingElements.*;
    import game.isometric.camera.*;
    import game.isometric.characters.*;
    import game.items.*;
    import game.missions.*;
    import game.sound.*;
    import game.states.*;
    import game.utils.*;

This seems to show that the game is "Importing" these things, sounds, game elements, and the GUI among other things from somewhere... But I can't figure out where it is being "Imported" from.

What is most irritating about not being able to get my hands on this data, is that some kid from Bangkok who used to update the Army Attack Wiki had some sort of way to get the sprites of a few of the units, as well as some unreleased content onto the Wiki.

Do you think it would be of any help if I uploaded the files I extracted? It's about 8 Megabits and someone with more coding knowledge might be able to figure it out better than I can.

file headers are a series of bytes/characters at the beginning of the file to identify its contents, pretty much... for example, a png image is %png

import refers to code packages and stuff, generally of no use, unless the graphics are hard-coded into the files

yep, that would help if you uploaded some of the files...
especially one of those .cs files you mentioned
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any way to get files from Facebook game Army Attack? - by DarkGrievous7145 - 08-24-2015, 02:01 PM