Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Any way to get files from Facebook game Army Attack?
(08-23-2015, 07:52 PM)Vince5754 Wrote: Hi everybody, It's been... Quite a while! Probably a solid year or two since I last posted here. I've been busy with various personal projects. And recently I've had an idea for something I wanted to try, but I can't seem to be able to get the files I need. The game is a Facebook Strategy game called Army Attack.

I procured the SWF File for the game (called GameMain), but it contains... Everything EXCEPT the stuff I want. A lot of AS files,  but what I'm really looking for are "sprites" for the game. The Images of Units, and Structures.

I don't even know if its possible to retrieve these. The files I seek may be stored in some database at the companies Headquarters or some such thing.

But if anyone on here plays the game and would mind taking a look at a way to extract pictures of Units and Structures from the game, I would very grateful! Big Grin

they could be stored somewhere on the server...

umm, You could try playing the game and logging it for external files, there's a free program called fiddler.
This video is where I learned how to do this, and it also contains information about downloading Fiddler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzFhi5zrRbU

This won't help you extract assets if they're in some weird file (and that has happened to me before, just a warning), but it will at least enable you to locate and download them. Another notable thing is this slightly bypasses http 403: access denied, assuming the file you want has already been loaded. You can download files that normally would be complete inaccessible (still can't directly view it on their servers, though)

Anyways, try playing the game and see if it loads any extra php, xml, swf, png, jpg, etc... files
and well, you can always try downloading them.

One last warning, though, besides unidentifiable external files, another problem you may run into is the assets being hard-coded into the game's main file, in a way that can't be extracted (or, I've never found a way to, anyways... someone here might know, though)

Hope this is of some use, Fiddler has helped me more than once when a game is using multiple files
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Any way to get files from Facebook game Army Attack? - by DarkGrievous7145 - 08-23-2015, 08:40 PM