Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
My Plan To Recover Files From Majhost
yeah lets do this guys!!!! lead the witchhunt on the founder of a filehosting site and bug him to get our files back!!!!!!!

it's not that simple. you don't just flip a switch and shizzam! your files are back! kablammo!! if only big data storage was gumdrops and lollipops with zero expenses!!!

i'm pretty sure recovering that type of data costs money, time, and the ambition to do so, all which I doubt the owner of majhost has. he's probably going through some tough times, which is why the server isn't going back up as quickly as you'd like it to (probably a part somewhere is blown and that item requires costly repairs)
first off, the server's crashed. kablooie. usually, the machine is inoperable. it's fucked. it's not gonna work if he tries to boot it back up.
even if he does, it's gonna take a good 24 to 48 hours to get it up and running, and then he needs to run tests on the server to ensure that the server won't go tits-up a second time.

On top of that, it's an image host, so it's got a ton of files he'll need to recover, and given the server CRASHED some files may be CORRUPTED and thus IRRECOVERABLE. Not everyone will have the same luck as you might with recovering all their items.

If I were you, I'd message him to see what exactly he needs to get the server running again, and then see if you can assist him in raising the money to do so. If you do and everything turns out well, not only will you be the Hero which started The Movement, but Majhost will be up and running once again. ;P

tl;dr there is no easy way to fix this. in the future, invest in alternative storage in case You Lose Your Shit so you can upload it to another server as need be whenever, wherever
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!

Messages In This Thread
RE: My Plan To Recover Files From Majhost - by Kosheh - 08-14-2015, 11:12 PM