Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Mr. Satoru Iwata has passed away
I'm really sorry that Mr. Iwata passed away just as he was recovering from his surgery, he shouldn't deserve this and hope that his family are coping with this news. Have been feeling at breaking point and not just a personal event that has happened to my family for the past few days, this sudden upset makes me feel even worse.

When I first saw the title thread, I thought it was a joke but then looking at the posts and the official letter from Nintendo (plus a picture of Mario bowing down) shows it happened and too soon I feel. Despite Nintendo's problems going on right now, Iwata has contributed a lot to Nintendo and HAL whether it was from making Iwata Asks giving insight to a company that is normally a bit secretive, being the right place and the right time with the Wii, Please Understand, involved with Smash Bros/Kirby [Sakurai too], Pokemon [his programming was needed in Gold/Silver/Crystal], programming plenty of games before becoming the boss, the amiibos and the Nintendo Directs were great along with Shibata who give a personal feel to what is essentially PR news. Plus he tried to diversify with the Quality of Life project [whether that is still happening remains to be seen] and the upcoming project NX. Last year, Hiroshi Yamauchi passed away too who I was also felt sore that he was gone since he was what made Nintendo the well known company that is today. I am worried that some point in the future, something will happen to Mr. Miyamoto since he made Mario and Donkey Kong, being a big impact in my life.

Even though I haven't played many HAL games and skipped after the Gamecube era until the Wii U so growing up I didn't relate to him unlike Miyamoto or Yamauchi on the Nintendo side [only saw 1 Kirby game once], I did play Super Smash Bros and Melee, really liking those two games very much. Melee was my most played GC game so I thank him, Sakurai and the rest of HAL for an enjoyable series that to its day is one of the backbone Nintendo series.

Also today I played Revenge of the Gator, little known GB pinball game by HAL as a small tribute. There are no credits in the game however since it was a HAL game, Iwata worked on it in some form whether programming or on the producing side.
Thanked by: E-Man

Messages In This Thread
Mr. Satoru Iwata has passed away - by Keychain - 07-12-2015, 10:10 PM
RE: Mr. Satoru Iwata has passed away - by Gors - 07-12-2015, 10:19 PM
RE: Mr. Satoru Iwata has passed away - by Omega - 07-12-2015, 11:28 PM
RE: Mr. Satoru Iwata has passed away - by Koopaul - 07-13-2015, 01:47 AM
RE: Mr. Satoru Iwata has passed away - by puggsoy - 07-13-2015, 03:00 AM
RE: Mr. Satoru Iwata has passed away - by E-Man - 07-13-2015, 05:24 AM
RE: Mr. Satoru Iwata has passed away - by Kosheh - 07-13-2015, 08:24 AM
RE: Mr. Satoru Iwata has passed away - by DaHog - 07-13-2015, 10:46 AM
RE: Mr. Satoru Iwata has passed away - by senjen - 07-13-2015, 12:15 PM
RE: Mr. Satoru Iwata has passed away - by Yawackhary - 07-13-2015, 02:48 PM